Choosing a company.
There are both international and local car rental companies on Phuket Island. Let's compare them according to such criteria as: price, deposit, insurance, recognition, quality and variety of vehicles, ease of booking.
1. Local car rental companies.
+ Price. The price of local companies will always be 10-20% lower than that of international brands. This is due to lower advertising and employee costs. You can get acquainted with the prices and conditions by following the link
+ Deposit. Several times lower than that of international competitors, moreover, you can pay for it in any way you want and pick it up immediately after the end of the lease.
+ - Insurance. All cars are insured, but there is always a fee at the time of an insured event, the so-called deductible. In most cases, you will receive the maximum insurance right away and you do not need to pay an additional fee to upgrade it.
- Recognition. Companies with a small advertising budget are rated on reviews and positive ratings from customers.
+ Availability. The companies do not have a counter at the airport, but their representatives are always ready to deliver the car to the airport, hotel or other place convenient for you.
+ - Cars. Huge selection of cars ranging from the smallest to premium sports coupes. Cars are different in condition, we recommend that you request video reviews before booking.
+ Communication. Reservations are made on the website online with the participation of the manager. At the time of booking, you will find exactly the car that you need, as well as answer all questions about the car in detail, discuss where and how it is more convenient for you to get and return the car.
2. International car rental companies.
- Price. In most cases, this will be the most expensive way to rent a car.
- Deposit. Large deposit that can only be paid by credit card. In fact, it is impossible for customers who do not have a credit card to rent a car. Also, the return of deposit funds occurs within 7 - 10 days, which is just as inconvenient.
+ - Insurance. All cars are insured, but there is always a fee at the time of an insured event, the so-called deductible. Companies are also willing to pay an additional fee to increase insurance coverage.
+ Recognition. Most companies spend a lot on advertising, so we are well aware.
+ - Availability. The presence of counters in the international and local terminals of the airport. High surcharges for delivering a car to a hotel or villa.
+ - Cars. In most cases the cars are new and in good condition. But the choice of cars is limited, and the premium segment is not represented at all.
- Communication. Reservations are made on the website online without the participation of the manager, so if you have any additional questions, you will not be able to get the proper answer to them.